Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Introduction

Ok, so this blog is more for me than for anyone else. I keep doing research and google searching and finding answers to questions, then... I don't document any of it, so when the exact same thing happens a month or three later, I find myself duplicating all of my efforts. This is so counter-productive and against certain principles that it makes my brain hurt.

So! This is going to be a dumping ground for everything I deem useful information, from random and probably clunky scripts I might write, configuration files I don't want to rewrite (hello vimrc, I'm talking to you,) to useful websites I find with references to commands or howtos on complicated command line utilities.

For anyone else who might be reading this ... *excuse me while I recover my breath from a gut-wrenching paroxysm of laughter* ...

...

Expect a fair bit of activity right at the start, while I try to play catch up with all the stuff I'd like to keep here, then it'll taper off, be more sporadic, maybe even get forgotten until I have to play catch up again.

Also, fair warning, I have a tendency to write my thoughts. This does NOT lend itself well to coherent grammar or proper sentence structure. Run-on sentences especially tend to happen when I simply start writing. I'll do at least a little bit of editing, because how I present myself matters to me to a certain degree, but don't be surprised or offended or go all grammar-nazi on me when something is out of place.

On the other hand, any kind of technical advice, pointers, or erroneous information as far as the actual meat of the posts, feel free to send your scathing corrections, or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment